Wednesday, April 2, 2014

BERRY APPLE PARFAIT


Today I have for you this super delicious nut-free, low fat, gluten-free raw vegan berry apple parfait. This is a 80/10/10 dessert that you can easily whip up in a few minutes and share with your friends and family or indulge in on your own. When I started my raw vegan journey and I had serious sugar cravings I made myself a less fancy version of this: fresh fruit + dates = pure heaven. In this parfait you'll find both pink lady apples and sweet pineapple layered with a raspberry/strawberry/date compote.


You can substitute the fresh fruit with what you have on hand and store this dessert in the fridge for up to 3 days. I love to make myself simple low fat desserts to keep my nut/seed intake low and this is just sooo good! You have to make this for your own and enjoy it in the warm spring sun. Have fun :) 


BERRY APPLE PARFAIT
Serves 2-3

1/2 pineapple, thinly sliced and quartered
2-3 pink lady apples, thinly sliced and quartered
1 cup of raspberries
1 cup of sliced strawberries
1 banana
1/2-1cup of pitted dates (depending on how sweet you like it)

Blend berries with dates into compote. Don't blend until smooth, you want some remaining date and fruit pieces inside. Layer pineapple, apple and compote in your dessert glass/bowl and enjoy!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...