Tuesday, March 11, 2014

PB+J YOGURT


When I was a child and teenager, yogurt was the perfect mid-afternoon snack or breakfast-together with muesli and fruit. It honestly was always more a treat than a real meal for me, but I think such treats make life fun and colorful and that's why I created a rawified version. And since PB+Jam is always an amazing combination, I decided to make a peanut butter flavor yogurt with fresh sweet strawberry jam. All real, raw, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, processed stuff free, guilt free and I kept it relatively low fat. And the rest is healthy fats, which I at least need now and then on a raw vegan diet. Enjoy this special treat for yourself, with your beloved ones, on stressful days or relaxed Sunday mornings.




It is real easy to make yogurt from almond milk - it becomes creamy, thick and even firms up in the fridge like a pudding or quark if you want it to (I am German-I loooove quarks). This is for sure a special raw recipe and I enjoy it very much over different fruits or with different jams. You can easily create your own flavors and I think cacao, cinnamon, vanilla or red fruit would be awesome too! You can start making your own yogurt now :) Here is what you need:


PB+J YOGURT
Serves 2

PB flavor yogurt
1/2 cup almonds, soaked for at least 2 hours or overnight
1 ripe banana
1 T raw peanut butter or 2 T raw peanuts
2 pitted medjool dates
1 cup water 

Strawberry jam
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 T raw chia seeds (optional)
1/2 t pure vanilla extract
2 T water

For the PB flavor yogurt, process almonds into flour, blend almond flour with banana, dates and add peanut butter. Add water to desired consistency - the yogurt should be thick but still liquid. Blend until creamy. Pour into a bowl and place in fridge for at least 2 hours (better overnight) to let it firm up.
For the strawberry jam, soak chia seeds in water with vanilla for 30 minutes. Blend with strawberries and let the jam sit in the fridge until the yogurt is ready as it will firm up a little bit too. Mix some jam with your yogurt and 

enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...