Thursday, February 27, 2014

MY BEST HOMEMADE SUPERFOOD MUESLI BARS


My search for the perfect muesli bar has come to an end. This is it. For the last few years, I have been testing so many different bar brands and types that I don't even know any more which one I liked best. I ate muesli bars as a midday pick me up or before school wishing to stay energized and awake. However, I find that there is nothing better than homemade muesli bars. First, you know what's inside and second, you can include all your favorite nuts, seeds and superfoods.


The recipe that I post today is the recipe for my best homemade superfood muesli bars. These bars do not only taste incredibly, but are super healthy and great as a midday pick me up or before or after your workout. Before I leave my home, I make sure to have one of these in my bag along with a banana. Let's have a look what's inside these energy and protein bombs.


Each bar contains almonds, sunflower and sesame seeds for crunch, dates and raisins for the gooey sweet texture and goji berries, dried coconut and raw chocolate as superfoods. Each bar has 3 g protein and approximately 130 calories. You can easily exchange ingredients and customize your bars. I hope you love them as much as I do. Keep energized. Keep strong!

 
MY BEST HOMEMADE SUPERFOOD MUESLI BARS
Makes 6 50 g bars

1/3 cup almonds, soaked overnight
1/4 cup pitted dates
1/4 cup raisins
2 T shredded dried coconut
2 T unhulled sesame seeds
2 T goji berries
3 T sunflower seeds
2 T shredded raw chocolate
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1 T liquid sweetener, I used raw coconut nectar
For the base pulse almonds into flour, add dates and raisins and process until gooey. Add in coconut, sesame seeds, goji berries, sunflower seeds, raw chocolate, cinnamon and sweetener and whisk together until sticky. Form into bars or press into rectangular form and refrigerate over night. Cut into individual bars.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...