Tuesday, December 3, 2013

HOLIDAY ALMONDS


These sweet and flavorful nuts are addictive. Holiday almonds are simple to make and perfect for serving during a party or as a satisfying snack. 
When I started going raw, I always took a banana and a small box of almonds with me in case I did not make it home before I got hungry again and to keep me away from processed food. Since then, I love almonds and because I am a Christmas girl and love all kinds of winter scents and tastes, I created a version of raw holiday almonds that make it easy to stay on track during the holidays. 


HOLIDAY ALMONDS
Yields 2 cups

2 cups almonds
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1 t sweetener of your choice, I used agave syrup
4 T raw cacao
1 t cinnamon powder
few drops pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup shredded coconut

For the chocolate coating, stirr 2 T cacao and sweetener into melted coconut oil until mixed well. 
For the cacao almonds, roll half of the almonds in chocolate. Take them out using a teaspon and place them on wax paper until nearly dried. Now roll them in the rest of the cacao and place back on wax paper.
For the coconut almonds, stirr 2 T of shredded coconut into the remaining chocolate. Roll remaining cup of almonds in this mixture and place on wax paper until nearly dry. Now roll them in the rest of the shredded coconut and place back on wax paper.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...