Tuesday, November 26, 2013

GREEN MACHINE SMOOTHIE


I am feelin' like a green machine :) 
My fuel are only the best, ripe fruits and veggies and I start to crave my greens as soon as I need energy and power or want to relax. One of my favorite greens is spinach, because it is so delectable on its own and matches nearly every fruit. I love spinach to make my green smoothies and green smoothies make it easy for me to consume enough greens in my diet.
The smoothie recipe that I show you today is one that I just created some days ago and I love it! It combines ripe, juicy pineapple and sweet pomegranate with hearty fresh spinach and spicy ginger. This is an anti-cold recipe and here are my top 5 reasons why you should make this smoothie this winter:

1. Pineapple prevents cough and colds. It is loaded with vitamins and minerals as vitamin C and it contains bromelain that was shown to suppress coughs and loose mucus.

2. Pomegranate is a superfood that has been shown to be a cure-all. It is packed with antioxidants and vitamins and stimulates the immune system and wards off the flu.

3. Spinach is packed with vitamin A and helps your skin to stay healthy and retain moisture in winter. Additionally, more than a dozen different flavonoid compounds in spinach are powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer fighting agents.

4. Ginger is warming on a cold day and helps promoting healthy sweating helpful for detoxification during colds and flus.

5. This smoothie tastes out of this world and makes for a low fat, healthy and quick breakfast or snack.

Here is what you need for the green machine smoothie.


GREEN MACHINE SMOOTHIE
Makes 32 oz

2 cups of spinach leaves
3 cups of cubed pineapple
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1 inch fresh ginger
3 bananas

Blend all fruits and veggies in a high speed blender.
Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...